Freelance and Professional Experence
• Worked closely with Lead Creative and The Pokémon Company International (TPCI) to craft a visual narrative that not only retained TPCi’s unique branding identity, but also worked in a live concert setting.
• Designed overarching workflow pattern to keep the Visual Team in sync across multiple geographical locations and platforms. Refined the Cloud process that began on “Zelda” to accommodate for Adobe CC.
• Worked with Lead Creative in creating innovate ways of using game play video to tell the story of “The Legend of Zelda” franchise in such a way that was digestible for live audiences.
• Pioneered unique cloud-based editing workflow to keep the editorial team in sync across multiple locations.
• Interfaced directly with Nike Marketing Vice Presidents to re-imagine product launch video targeted to NCAA.
• Completed high-end editing and finishing work with attention to detail on music and graphics.
• Collaborated with Internal Communications video producers to create branded visual content for internal company use.
Digital Media Alchemist
• Designed and implemented media workflows using various compression and network tools to overhaul, stream line, and bridge KPTV’s media operations between departments, field crews, in-house editing, production teams, station clients and other news organizations. Provided on going support and written documentation for reference.
• Worked closely with various vendors on projects to achieve station goals without disturbing day to day operations, including KPTV’s HD transition. Extensive planning, preparation and project management required.
Digital Media Alchemist
• Maintained KPTV’s Avid infrastructure both inside and outside the station.
• Created and participated in budget planning / execution for a number of fiscal years on both small and large projects.
• Edited approximately 40-60 unique segments a day for Emmy Award-winning newscasts, including working as Lead Editor for 5:00pm weekend newscasts.
• Appointed to station Technology Committee. Identified technological workflow issues and ways to fix them.
• Edited all show content for three newscasts per evening using Avid NLE systems.
• Laid groundwork for their current Blu-Ray archival system to replace Beta backup tapes.
• Provided ongoing maintenance Avid systems and AirSpeed playout servers.
M.S. in Information Security, June 2018
B.A. in Communication & Minor in Film Studies, May 2006
A.A. in Digital Communications, June 2003
Oregon Association of Broadcasters
Hardware and Software